About the Project
2020 & 2021 have been a year of incredible hardship and upheaval.
The #WeWereHere Project is an opportunity to show the world how you’ve dealt with big issues like health concerns and quarantine, missing friends and milestone celebrations, protest and social justice, and a society examining its attitudes about racism, wealth, and privilege. It's also a way to demonstrate how you've connected to and helped others in your community and beyond to make a positive impact.
- The #WeWereHere Project was created by Young Adult Services Forum of the Illinois Library Association This website is built & maintained by teen web developer Rayaan Siddiqi.
Experiences to Share
- I Am Here: Your words, images, and firsthand accounts of 2020
- I Am Helping: Your community projects, tips, and useful information
- I Am Okay: Sharing how you stay positive
- I Am Not Okay: And that's okay, you can vent and be heard
I Am Here Experiences
I am Helping Experiences
I Am Okay Experiences
I Am Not Okay Experiences
Featured Stories Shared By Teens
I Am Helping
A Poem About the Year
Writing a poem to capture the emotions over the year.
I Am Here
Impact of Basketball & Family
Writing about the impact of sports and family during the past year.
I Am Helping
Listing ways on what to do when faced with obstacles.